- I keep all my scraps. I put them in a binder by color and use them for later projects.
- I love paper packs. It's a great way to get lots of coordinating papers for cheap.
- I like the Creative Memories vellum adhesive squares but they are really expensive. I cut them in half and use one square per piece of vellum. I have page protectors in my personal albums so it works well.
- I use Creative Memories albums exclusively but the pages and protectors can get really pricey. I bought packs of 10 page protectors from the Dollar Tree (Miss Elizabeth's brand) and used a paper punch to enlarge the holes to accomodate the strap.
- I buy almost all of my open stock paper when J's has it for 6/96 cents.
- I never pay full price at J's. I make sure I use my coupon on something I will need in the future.
- I stalk Target when it's the scrapbook clearance time. I will be there Monday and Tuesday this week because I can't remember which day they mark down that aisle.
- Buying the Cricut saves me so much money. I try to use it to make all of my embellishments. I went to a scrapbook store today and spent $2.
- If I buy a paper pack with a few ugly sheets in it, I flip them over and use them for white paper.
- On the rare occassion I do use a sheet of patterned paper that I just had to have at full price, I try to use it on more than one lay out by cutting/tearing and putting it over cardstock.
- I only buy tools that are multifunctional or can be used very often. I really don't have the room to store anything that only has one purpose anyway.
- Adhesives aren't the product to skimp on. I use the Creative Memories tape runner, but I do use the least amount possible to still get a strong hold.
- I love to use found objects in my personal scrapbooking. Ribbons, buttons, metal embellies, charms, anything that wouldn't have acid in it.
- Stay organized so you know what you have.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
I always hesitated to start scrapping because of the cost. Then I found out I could very easily afford to scrap if I tried to be frugal.