Read More »
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Always Amy is a pretty powerful presence on the Etsy boards with over 3,500 sales! Wow! *bows down* I'm not worthy....I'm not worthy...Read More »
Anywho, she's having an awesome contest on her blog.
Here's are just 6 awesome stud earrings from her Etsy shop.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
My top 10 favorite tools for scrappingRead More »
- Silhouette Cameo! I have no idea how I scrapped without it
- Zig two way glue pen. Wonderful for restickying mats and also a great permanent adhesive.
- Sanding block. I'm using one from a 2 pack from $ Tree and it works wonderfully to distress.
- Ink. I rarely stamp, but I have the basic colors to ink edges and stamp on a rare occasion.
- Creative Memories tape runner. I was drooling over the 3M ATG gun (did I get that right) but after comparing refill costs and space constraints, I decided to order more tape runner refills.
- Stylus. I use it to score, poke itty bitty bits of paper from Silhouette cuts, hold buttons down while the glue dries.
- Vellum quotes. They are so convenient and you can attach them with vellum stickers or brads. I tear them and ink the edges and it looks awesome!
- Corner rounder. Or is it corner adorner now? I haven't sold in a few years. Anywho, it's so versatile and you can use it on every page without them looking all the same, kwim?
- Brads. See last weeks post for all the uses.
- Ribbon. Again, sooooo many uses! I have a lot of ribbon but I really do use it so it's all good.
Ok so some aren't tools. I guess I don't use a whole lot of tools, I just use them a lot.
Notice eyelet setter isn't on the list and for very good reason. Me and that thing don't get along. At all.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Give or take.Read More »
These are for the lucky buyers of the Little Black Box. This is my first time participating in LBB and I'm excited. Everyone gets a matchbook notebook with an awesome coupon code for a purchase in my Etsy shop. Boxes go on sale on the 24th of October and I hear they sell fast.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Here is a funky ice cream sundae brooch from MichellesCharmWorld.Read More »
Here's a funky necklace called Heaven Help Her, Granny Loved Her Gin by outoftheblue.
A Funky Friday Bracelet from lacedlinks.
Last but not least are pizza earrings from CuteAbility.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
I had never heard of Steampunk before Etsy and I didn't quite get it until I read the wiki article. Steampunk is so not my style, but for some odd reason, I really love the jewelry. I have some hearted that I love and really, and I mean really, want. Someday...Read More »
Jim Croce's Time in A Bottle is a favorite song of mine and my husbands, so this necklace has a little more meaning for me. It's from TimelessTrinkets and called, appropriately, Time in a Bottle.
Here's a very romantic Shadowbox Heart steampunk necklace from JewelsByNature. Maybe I shouldn't feature this one so it doesn't sell? * smile *
I didn't mean to feature only necklaces. I had wanted to feature rings but it's 1:30 AM and I need to get up and get the tallest of the munchkins off to school early tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed this weeks picks and show them some Etsy love!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Read More »
- If you buy a paper pack and there's an ugly sheet, flip it over and use it for white paper.
- To get a perfect knot in the middle of a photo mat, tie ribbon around a 1 inch diameter circle (bottle neck, glue stick, etc) and then cut the ribbon opposite of the knot. Now you have a perfect knot and can glue the ribbon behind the photo mat on both sides.
- If you are using a piece of paper as a photo mat, punch shapes from the paper where the photo will hide it.
- Use the positive and negative of a punch to get two for one.
- Use chalk, ink, and markers to create your own embellishment from a store bought one.
- If using a tape runner, just use adhesive on the corners. No need to line the entire perimeter.
- If using squares of adhesive (like the Creative Memories vellum adhesive), cut in half to make them last twice as long.
- Use a marker on the opposite side of vellum to personalize it.
- Tear your paper and vellum! I love this look and it looks great with inked edges.
- When using sticker letters, if you run out of a letter see if you can create it from another letter. You can make an "r" from a "p", make an "i" from an "l".
Friday, October 3, 2008
I'm really excited about these photos! They turned out exactly like I wanted! I think they would look absolutely adorable in a farm themed nursery or child's bedroom. I also have them at the zoo, the fair, pirates and dinosaurs I haven't listed yet. I have them available in a 5x5 for $10 in my Etsy shop. Larger sizes are available for an additional cost.Read More »