Yep, me too!
I have to admit eyelets scared me a little at first. I still prefer brads, but sometimes eyelets have the right look or I find decorative ones. I found a great blog post with pics to help you set eyelets. It's over at The Thrifty Scrapbook which is new to me but I can't wait to check it out.
When you find that you have entirely too many brads and eyelets, it's time to get extra creative to use them up. Here are just a few quick ideas:
- Use brads or eyelets and ribbon to create a shoe with laces for tying your shoes or just to add some texture to a layout.
- Outline a shape on a page with eyelets or brads.
- Attach vellum with brads or eyelets so the adhesive doesn't show through.
- If your LO seems a little boring, add 3 brads or eyelets to the side of photo or embellie. I put them close together (total of 1/2"-1" length of brads).
- Use to hang tags or sticker tags.
- Dot an i with a brad or eyelet.
- Make a cool center of a flower
- Use as a "hanger" to hang an embellie with ribbon (think a picture hanging on the wall with ribbon)
- Spell a word
- Accent the corner of a photo mat or journaling box
- Bullet points in a list
- Ornaments on a Christmas tree
- Create a border along a page