- Who says you have to use all one alpha for a title? Mix em up! Gives it a great look and lets you use up some alpha you can't use by themselves.
- Missing a letter you need? Think outside the box. Turn an f into a t. Turn an R into a P. Make an e out of a c and what you cut off the R (or use a marker to make the line).
- Organize your scraps. I sort by color, but whatever works. When I get way too many I make a patchwork background on cardstock.
- Have a piece of patterned paper you don't like? I get those when I buy kits. Flip it over and use it for white paper.
- Need a patterned paper you don't have? Make it! Use bleach and stamps, ink and stamps, chalk, whatever you have! I cut a $ in plastic with my Cricut and used it as a stencil to ink and chalk it all over a sheet of cardstock. Maybe it doesn't save much money, but it uses up something you have!
- Stay organized. Do what works for you, but I use a file organizer from the dollar zone at Target to keep my stickers organized. Baby, Boy, Girl, Spring/Summer, Fall, School, etc.
- All of my Christmas papers and embellies are kept together. I only use them once a year so they are out of the way and don't clutter up my other embellies and paper.
- Rather than buy it, learn to make it! Use clear embossing powder to color brads. Print your own quotes and sayings. Consider a die cut machine. It's expensive, but all I need is cardstock and my machine and I can make anything.
- When you come across the perfect quote or sticker in your stack for a page, store them with the photos so you don't forget when it's time to scrap that page.
- Go through your stash every so often. I find that just dumping out all of one item and going through them will help refresh my memory and then I can use a small embellie when I would have forgotten about it the week before.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Tuesday Tips Using Your Scrapbook Stash
I think almost all papercrafters and scrapbookers are hoarders and have to keep buying the latest and greatests products. Here are some tips to get rid of your stash.