My shop has evolved and grown so much over five years, and I never dreamed it would be where it is today. Well, I dreamed, but I didn't think it would come true.
Not only has my shop changed, but so has Etsy. Here are just a few ways you young'uns are spoiled these days!
- Back in my day, it took five pages to list an item. Five pages! By the time you were on page 3, you forgot what you were listing!
- Etsy hadn't released it's API to anyone, so there weren't any cool tools to help you run your shop. Nope, you had to do it all by yourself.
- Coupon codes? Yeah, right! You had to go in to Paypal and refund the money. And Etsy took their commission off the full amount. Nice, huh?
- There were no stats, and definitely no Google Analytics. You just promoted the heck out of your shop and crossed your fingers.
- There were no iPhone apps. Heck, I didn't even have a phone that could check my email back then. I didn't know I sold anything until hours later! And there definitely wasn't a cha-ching!
- We couldn't mark an item as shipped. So if you packed orders out of order for whatever reason, you had to make sure you went back and packed it later.
- If you wanted to make a treasury, you had to wait for hours or days for the treasury list to drop below 333. Why 333? Who knows. Probably had something to do with the dinosaur computers back then.
I'm celebrating by offering coupon codes all month long, so check my shop announcement. They will change throughout the month.
Right now, I am offering $10 off a $50 purchase in my shop with code FIVEYEARS.
Thanks for a great five years!