Feel free to use 2 percent milk instead of cream and low-fat cream cheese. I've made it with both substitutions, and it tasted creamy and delicious.
I added sauteed chicken and mushrooms for our meal. I served it with homemade garlic bread and a salad.
- 1 jar prepared alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheeses
- 1 teaspoon basil
1. Heat alfredo sauce in large saucepan over medium to high heat.
2. Add cubed cream cheese and stir until melted.
3. Let come to a slow boil and reduce heat to low. Add cream and lemon juice. I used milk, and I put it in the empty jar and shook it before adding it to the pan.
If you try it, be sure to let me know how you like it!
Please feel free to Pin this recipe on Pinterest with a link to this post.