Oops! I forgot to start bread in the bread machine for dinner, and we are supposed to eat in less than two hours! Don't worry - these easy weeknight dinner rolls are ready in about an hour. And they taste great!
Easy Weeknight Dinner Rolls
1 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 teaspoons yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In mixer bowl, combine water, oil, yeast and sugar. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Add salt, egg and flour and mix on medium speed with the dough hook until soft and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Divide in to 12 balls.
5. Place in greased 9x13 pan.
6. Let raise for 10 minutes.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes.
Even though these are so easy to make, sometimes I need even easier and quicker, so I freeze a batch. Freeze them just after you roll them in to balls and before they raise. Let thaw in the fridge for several hours before baking. Tip: Freeze them on a baking sheet before placing in a plastic container or bag so you can grab just a few at a time.