I am so thankful for my group of friends. I have friends for everything: hanging out, venting, shopping, double dating, and for support. I really don't know how I would make it through most days without them!
When my kids were toddlers and preschoolers, I met moms through play dates and friends of friends. Our kids were friends, so we were friends. Then we moved, and even though we keep in touch through text and Facebook, it's not the same. I cherish those friends who've stayed in touch the last two years, but I wanted to connect with local moms with whom call with questions about the school and have bonfires with.
When you're a kid, teenager, or even young adult, making friends is a lot easier. Once you become a mom, you're limited on time. I work from home, so I don't meet friends at work. I'm also painfully shy, so I need some kind of conversation starter.
Sometimes I need a change of scenery when I need to get some creative work done. I take my laptop to my local coffee shop and get to work. Customers come and go through the shop, but some people come back quite often. What better way to meet new people than over a cup of coffee?
Luckily, one day I forgot my headphones, so I got the chance to talk to some of the other regulars in the coffee shop. I'm so glad that I did! I left with some new mommy friends, and those friends
It's hard to start a conversation, especially for introverts like me! Luckily, great coffee and great chocolate are always good conversation starters. Who doesn't love a good candy bar?
Chocolate is an even better conversation starter if you share it! That's why I love the new Lindt HELLO chocolate. It's available in decadent flavors like Caramel Brownie (my favorite!), Strawberry Cheesecake, Crunchy Nougat, and Cookies & Cream.
If you're sharing with a good friend, try the sticks or bars. For saying HELLO with food, pick up the mini-stick bags. I promise you'll be the most popular person in the room when you open the bag!
Each week is a different prize:
- 9/10 – 9/16 Table for Two Dinner & a movie with the +1 of your choice!
- 9/17 – 9/39 Double the Fun Say HELLO to a fun double date night + Lindt HELLO chocolate for dessert
- 9/24 – 9/30 Girls Just Want to Have Fun Enjoy a shopping spree with the girls + yummy Lindt HELLO Chocolate!
- 10/1 – 10/7 Sweet Staycation Lindt HELLO treats you to a pampered night in – movies, books + chocolate!
- 10/8 – 10/14 Besties Reunion Reconnect with your bestie at the spa for a day + Lindt HELLO chocolate to sweeten the deal.
* No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 years or older (19 in AL or NE and 21 in MS). Void where prohibited. See Rules at for weekly sweepstakes entry periods, prize descriptions, odds and other details. Ends Noon on 10/14/14. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc., One Fine Chocolate Place, Stratham, NH 03885.